YAHOO and Yee-Haw!!! I've been adopted! That's all I got to say! Well...Kinda! I can't leave it at that can I ?!?...Ever!
I'm adding on to my online family of designers...
I've recently been asked by the amazingly sweet, Joy Kennedy and the super fantastic, Chelle Fowler to join Inspiration Emporium's, Inspiration Team! I couldn't have been more excited and mainly so honored to be apart of this amazing group of incredible designers! Can we all shout YAHOOO and YEE-HAW! It's kinda catchy!
Please visit Inspiration Emporiums Blog Here to see the announcement!
This opportunity rocked my world so, I decided to alter another chest of drawers and call it...
As The World Turns...A Destinations Storage Box! Hope you like it...
What I Used:
Wooden Drawer Box
Michaels Dollar Bin Globes
Office Max Key Tags
Ranger Adirondack Paint Dabber-Pitch Black
Tim Holtz Destinations Paper Stash
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Hinge Clips
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Ruler Trimmings
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Time Pieces
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Curio Knobs
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Game Spinners
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Clock Keys
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Box Corners
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Label Pulls
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Metal Mini Numerals
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Bead Chain
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Screw Eyes
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Alpha Cards
What I Did:
I was in Michaels the other day and found these awesome globes in the dollar bin. So completely not what I was in that section for! I went back for some great tins I had seen and needed more....Were they there?...NO! But the GLOBES were! I went nuts! I really hope I contained my glee! Who cares! :) I love globes and had never seen these free form globes before! So many cool things you can do with them! So many cool things I'm gonna do with them! Hahaha! I hope! At that point, I knew I had to use them with Tim Holtz's new Destination Paper Stash!! So here's what I did...
1. I painted the wooden box with Ranger's Pitch Black Paint Dabber.
2. Next, I covered the box and drawers with Tim Holtz's Destinations Paper Stash.
3. You may not know me, but I have always loved Tim's Pulley Wheels. The moment I saw them, I was in love! I added the pulleys to the bottom of the box. and wanted to bring them up to the top of the box somehow. That's where the globes came in!
Note: I lightly sanded the globes and inked them with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.
4. I added a pulley wheel to the bottom of one of the globes and glued it to the top of the box. I then drilled holes into the top of the box and placed a couple of painted dowels that I had added the screw eyes to. I adhered another pulley to the top of a globe and strung the bead chain through it and inserted the chain through the screw eyes. Last, I screwed the the timepieces and a clock key together forming a base. I pierced a hole through the bottom of the globe and adhered the globe to the point on the key. Last I added clock keys as finials to the globes.
5. To add interest to the top, I used the alpha cards around the bases of the two surface mounted globes. With the top done, I moved to the drawers.
6. I glued the label pulls to the front and center of the drawers. I placed the mini numerals into each.
7. For organization and identification, I added the hinge clips and inked some key tags with Vintage Photo Distress ink, and placed them in the hinge clips.
That's it...Hope you like the box and can find some inspiration from it...
Thanks again Joy, Chelle and the gang at Inspiration Emporium! I'm so excited!
Thank you all for coming over to visit and I wish you all a WONDERFUL WEEKEND!
The Gentleman Crafter